The Highlander hotel is easily accessible. We’re just a 5-minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station. There is a parking garage located nearby.
The municipality of Amsterdam is currently renovating streets around the hotel. This unfortunately causes some inconvenience in accessing the hotel. We offer you our sincere apologies for this.
- Coming out of the station, head west in the direction of “Damrak”.
- Make a slight left onto Damrak.
- Turn right onto Mandenmakerssteeg.
- Turn left onto Nieuwendijk.
- Turn right onto Nieuwe Nieuwstraat.
- The Highlander Hotel will be on your left.
- From Schiphol take the train to Amsterdam Central Station.
- A single journey costs approximately € 4.50 and takes about 18 minutes.
- The hotel is at a five-minute walk from Central Station.
- It is also possible to take tram 2, 11, 12, 13 or 17. The hotel is near the first stop. Costs for tram: € 3.20
- The taxi stand is located in front of the arrivals hall at Schiphol airport.
- Travel time to The Highland Hotel is about 30 minutes and costs approximately €75.
- From all directions in the Netherlands, follow the signs to Amsterdam.
- When near to the city, follow signs for A10, ring Amsterdam.
- Then follow the signs for ‘Amsterdam Centrum’ or ‘Central Station’.
- When you get to the Central Station, look for the signs that direct you towards Q-Park Nieuwendijk or P1 Parking Amsterdam. Park here and walk a few minutes to the hotel!
Parking is available in the public parking garage Q-Park Nieuwendijk and P1 Parking Amsterdam. Q-Park is situated on the Nieuwezijds Kolk 18. We offer a day ticket for the reduced price of € 44. Normal day price is € 55. P1 Parking Amsterdam is situated on the Prins Hendrikkade 20A. We offer a day ticket for the reduced price of € 30. Normal day price is € 55. For more details about parking and tickets, ask our staff at the front desk.