The Highlander Amsterdam is proud to be one of the first hotels in the Netherlands that is independent of natural gas use. We take our corporate social responsibility very seriously and are prepared for a sustainable future. Read more about our sustainable methods and theories below.
Green Key Gold
One of our goals was to attain a Green Key Gold rating: the highest international quality standard for sustainability, the environment and corporate social responsibility in the tourism and recreation sector. The quality standard is granted for one year at a time and reviewed every year (with adapted standards).
- Water savings from taps and showers.
- Limiting energy usage through the use of LED lights and light sensors.
- Switching to green electricity.
- Independent of natural gas use.
- Minimising the use of plastic.
- Minimising the use of paper.
- Shampoos and soaps with an eco-label.
- Fire extinguishers with an eco-label.
- Making use of sustainable cleaning products.
- Sustainable writing paper, serviettes and brochures.